This course is ideal for learners who are interested in studying the fastest-growing A level in the UK, reflecting its usefulness both in employment and higher education. Economic theory is mixed with topical information to give an understanding of how individuals and industries operate alongside the differing needs of both domestic and international markets.
The Units are: Micro-economics Theme 1:
- The nature of economics
- How markets work
- Market failure
- Government intervention
- Business growth and objectives
- Revenues, costs and profits
- Market structures
- The labour market
Macro-economics Theme 2:
- Measures of economic performance
- Aggregate demand and supply
- National income and economic growth
- Macroeconomic objectives and policy
- International economics
- Poverty and inequality
- Emerging and developing economies
- The financial sector
GCSE Grade 5 in English with an average points score of 5.3 or above.
This course is aimed at students who would to go into a career in finance, accounting, government, business or the media.