A Level Business is for anyone with an interest in how businesses operate. As consumers we should all know the way businesses produce and supply goods and services that we all use. You may be interested in running your own business in the future and this course provides a solid foundation for such a venture.
You may wish to pursue a career in business management and there are many well-known organisations in retail and manufacturing which offer training programmes leading to recognised qualifications. You may wish to study a business-related course at university and A Level Business would be a valuable entry qualification.
Topics covered in A Level Business Studies:
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve financial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
Last year, a fantastic 557 students from Wyke Sixth Form College progressed onto University. Of these, 139 secured places at Russell Group Universities and 8 went to Oxbridge.
We also had 9 students go on to study Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.
Level 3 courses at Wyke can also open the door to Higher Apprenticeships and Employment. Many of our students now work in leading organisations including; the BBC, Microsoft, NHS, Ernst & Young and the Royal Navy.